• Hi Guest Welcome back to Tictalk , we have now moved to xenforo 2.2 .. with a whole load of new features .. thanks for all your support and kind donations making this possible... You can stay upto date with all thinngs new here

Shameless self-promotion thread

Welcome to Tictalk

Come on in and join in ,, its fun here

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016
Among others we have photographers, musicians, bakers, etc on this forum

I thought it would be nice to have a thread were the good people here could plug themselves.

Either by sharing their work or promoting it.

Doesn’t only have to be arty-farty, if you or a mate have a business that needs Twitter/instagram/Facebook followers or likes get in here as I am sure a lot of folk would be happy to oblige

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016

Hailtic

Administrator
Oct 17, 2014
Well If anyone is looking to get anything translated from Italian to English, I'm yer man :LOL:
Oh oh...Big mistake. I refuse to do translations anymore. Years of, " could you translate something for me, its not much "...400 pages later. 🙄

pebbledash

V.I.P
Jan 20, 2015
was in dortmund for a scotland game years ago, anyhow we were in a wee local bar with about 8 regulars in it, so i went to buy them all a drink, asked a woman what to say to them so she said verpiss dich, (y)
so im stoating about the bar thinking im asking them what they would like to drink.

verpiss dich in english is roughly fuck off.
went back the next day but strangely didnt get in. saved a few quid mind ye Red Card

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016
Oh oh...Big mistake. I refuse to do translations anymore. Years of, " could you translate something for me, its not much "...400 pages later. 🙄

Aye we've all been there, haha. I had an acquaintance the other week ask me to translate a 10 page article. I asked him what he needed it for, "I'm just curious he replied" I suggested he curious his way to Google translate.

Mick's Tae

V.I.P
Feb 14, 2019
For folk on hear wanting a couple of paragraphs translated, no problem anything more and a payment is required, €100 per 1000 words is my going rate. I have done loads of tranlsations over here, especially when I was out of work and I have always enjoyed doing them...apart from translations for wine companies as the Ities love a wee poetic verse or two to themselves especially when describing just how wonderful their wine is... I'm a good translator but I'm no fuckin poet!!

EDIT: Just add that I remember doing a translation for a PR company that a guy I played football with owned which was for a very local wine company, I was aksed to name my price and was haggled down by a fair few euro but I thought it would be worth it in the run long as it would lead to further work (think I asked for €400 and ended up doing it for like €250).

The translation seemed straight forward enough even with the many poetic verses thrown in, but since the son of the owner of the "cantina" spoke some English and had spent a year in Australia they tried to contest a lot of what I had translated and were adamant that a word which means one thing in Italian but the exact opposite in English should be included, up until it got to the point where I said that they could do it themselves then if they were that great at English and not to use any of my translation. What should have only taken a week lasted about a month due to them being dickheads, but in the end the job got done.

Fast foraward a few months and we had a weekend in London with a couple of families that we know from here and they wanted to visit Harrods. no problem we had a wee stroll around and then took a toilet break, the nearest toilets were in their wine section, so I had a week look around and found a bottle of the cunts Amarone selling for £800!!!! One fucking bottle and the prick didn't want to pay me the going rate for the translation, every time I pass his MASSIVE cantina, which he made look like something out of California, it gets the one fingered salute!

Last edited: