1. Welcome back to Tictalk .... We have been busy working on some new themes for the forum. The new theme default is set to tic_mobile and we think its lovely . You can change to any theme by clicking the theme changer at the bottom of the forum list and selecting your preferred theme .... We look forward to your feedback

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome back Guest We have Purchased a theme for the forum , ive done some work to it and have still to bug fix it. Feel free to take a look around and point out anything that needs fixed cheers
    Dismiss Notice

Zen Koans and Haikus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Green_Smurf, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Green_Smurf

Green_Smurf Well-Known Member

A Zen Koan is a pithy statement, poem or story built around an inherent paradox. It's purpose is to take the student's mind beyond the realm of logic and control allowing the 'AHA!' momento of true insight to happen. here are some examples:

The world is vast and wide. Why do you put on your robes at the sound of a bell?
    Muji - Collection of Stone and Sand 13th century

When can the eye see itself?
    Alan Watts 1970s

What is the colour of wind?
    Unknown

How quickly must you turn on the light to see the nature of darkness?

Unknown

being balanced in attack
    having a presence in the box
    creating and scoring chances
    but not scoring

Pedro Caxinho July 19 2017

2. mkbhoy

mkbhoy Active Member Stream_access

They have form for their managers being almost zen-like in what they say. This one sticks in my mind from the magic hat on being 25 points behind us...I've split it into short lines and urge you to read it with a sage Chinese accent whilst stroking your chin!

I’m reading in the paper
    Celtic are on a record-breaking run.
    If they won four games less,
    they would be 13 ahead.
    If we had won one of our games it would be 10

upload_2017-7-19_10-6-35.jpeg

Green_Smurf likes this.