Welcome to tictalk

come on in and join in , its fun here !

Register Log in

celtic Summer signing Youssouf Mulumbu is set to leave Celtic this month, reports Craig Swan in Dubai.

Ibrahim_Khan

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to
Oct 4, 2014
Summer signing Youssouf Mulumbu is set to leave Celtic this month, reports Craig Swan in Dubai.

The 31-year-old has managed just three appearances and 155 minutes of action since making a shock move to Parkhead on a two-year deal.

Mulumbu is well down the Hoops pecking order and boss Brendan Rodgers will let him go out on loan to find game-time with his chances of featuring for Celtic limited in the second half of the campaign.

Rodgers said: “Youssouf is at the age where he needs to play, really.

“He came in as a support player to the team, but he’s at the age really where he needs to play in the next part of the season, so he’ll probably go out on loan.”

Rodgers has also confirmed youngsters Lewis Morgan and Jack Hendry could also set to be go on a temporary basis.

The duo will be sent out to gain experience with opportunities also set to be in short supply.

However, while Mulumbu’s long-term chances of making an impact at Celtic look a long shot, Rodgers says the likes of Morgan and Hendry can use the example of Ryan Christie to return and be red hot for the champions.

Christie spent 18 months developing at Aberdeen before returning to make his big impact in Glasgow and the manager will consider sending them on to a similar path.

Hibs want Morgan and Bradford City have targeted Hendry as Rodgers said: “There is an interest in a number of our players.

“Some of these boys we will be looking to get them out on loan to get them games and some of the boys who haven’t travelled with us are probably a wee bit closer to getting something sorted.

“It’s just about time. When you think of Jack coming in a year ago it was a steep learning curve for him, playing under big pressure and big games.

“What he has is potential because there are a lot of really good things to his game and, of course, when you make mistakes at the big clubs, then it gets highlighted even more.

“But he was brought in because he had that potential. He’s not 17, 18 so he needs to continue with that learning and learn from the mistakes.

“Sometimes that’s just about getting games elsewhere. That’s something we’ve spoken about and we’d be keen to do.

“Lewis just joined the club in the last six months. You saw it with Ryan, a perfect example of if you’re not ready now you can go away on a good loan or a couple of loans and when you come back in and you get your opportunity you’ve got to take it.

“The boys are out here with us, training, and then we’ll see when we get back. I spoke to both of them and they are great guys as well.”

Darloexile

Gallowgate_2019
Oct 27, 2014
Think it will be good move for both Hendry and Morgan.

Not sure either will fully make the step up to 1st team regulars but a move out on loan will give them a chance to prove it one way or another.

Proudtim

Fuck the huns
Gallowgate_2019
Jun 13, 2015
Rodgers and his scouting team have a really bad track record in identifying players.
For every decent signing he's made there's about 6 that are pish.
No wonder Liverpool had a committee dealing with transfers.
Seems that's the way we should be going as he's more than half decent at getting the best out players he coaches.
Then again he seems to have had the opposite effect with Craig Gordon, the cunt is a bomb scare with the ball at his feet now and getting worse. I can't remember him being that bad before Rodgers demanded he should be more involved in initial play from the back.

Dannybhoy84

Gallowgate_2019
Apr 22, 2018
Don't think Rodgers wanted him, he was added to make up the numbers.

Glad to see some dead wood getting moved on.

I did think Morgan will make it with us eventually

Jim

Gallowgate_2019
Aug 15, 2017
Is it true if so I’m chucking it! Not worthy of a Celtic shirt. HH
I feel vindicated. Never thought he was good enough for my club. 1 decent game against us doesn’t warrant a contract. HH

thombhoy

Gallowgate_2019
Dec 12, 2015
All disappointments. I don’t think they will be near our standard for quite a while, if ever.

glasgow celtic

Gallowgate_2019
Jan 16, 2015
good to be moving the deadwood on,gives us more room to buy in some more deadwood :ynwa: