Welcome to tictalk

come on in and join in , its fun here !

Register Log in
  • Hello Guest Welcome to the new tictalk ,, the board software has been upgraded to xenforo 2 ... it might take a bit getting used to and the there might be a few bugs around the place , if you find any please make a thread and report them thanks

celtic Standing Up For Safety discusses the 3,000 strong rail-seating section at Celtic Park.

Thread starter #1

saoirse

Administrator
Staff member
In 2016, Celtic Football Club became the first football team in the United Kingdom to install a safe standing section at their home ground, Celtic Park.

In an extended interview with Celtic’s Supporters Liaison Officer, John Paul Taylor, Standing Up For Safety discusses the 3,000 strong rail-seating section at Celtic Park.

As a Scottish football club, Celtic are not bound to the same rules as football clubs in the top two tiers of England, so are allowed safe standing in the Scottish Premier League (SPL).

John Paul explains that it wasn’t a straightforward process and took six years to introduce safe standing from start to finish, but fans are now reaping the benefits of the rail-seating area at Celtic Park.

Watch the extended interview below:

Anton

Gallowgate
I know it brings huge challenges,but would love to see the section expanded. Imagine something like the yellow wall at Dortmund

Darloexile

Staff member
I would really like it to be extended to the whole of the LL stand lower to be honest.

Having seen it working I think a fair few other folk would be interested in moving to it.

We stand at away games, so only natural that we should do it at Paradise.