come on in and join in , its fun here !

Register Log in

celtic Scott Sinclair: I'm happy at Celtic and I'm here to stay

Thread starter #1

saoirse

fucked if I know
Oct 4, 2014
Scott Sinclair: I'm happy at Celtic and I'm here to stay

FORGET the back-page rumours - everything is still wonderful, beautiful and magical in Paradise for Scott Sinclair. The Englishman was bemused to read suggestions in the press that he wasn’t happy at Celtic after returning to Glasgow from a short break with his family during the international week.

The truth is simple: Sinclair loves the club, and he and his young family are happy and settled in Scotland. Leave? Out of the question. He wants to be here for 10 –in-a-row!

And speaking exclusively to the matchday programme for this weekend’s game against Ross County, Sinclair was keen to set the record straight and reassure the Hoops faithful his full focus is on hitting top gear again and finishing the season with a flourish.

“It was just speculation and maybe because I didn’t play in the last couple of games – but I love this club and I love being here,” he said. “This is why I chose to play for Celtic. I’m happy and enjoying my football. There’s always going to be speculation, but I need to put my head down and get back to the form that I showed the fans last year.

“I have been to so many clubs and this is where I’ve been at my happiest. Leaving here would be out the question. I want to be here for 10-in-a-row.

“The missus is settled and loves it up here – she loves the city and everything about it. We have another little one on the way as well. I’m in a happy place right now.

“My confidence is still up there. I’m still confident I can score goals and play well but it’s just putting that on to the pitch and giving the fans something to cheer about.

“I set my standards so high, winning Player of the Year and as a team we won an Invincible Treble, so it was an unbelievable year and those are the standards everyone expects now. That’s fair enough and it’s about proving that, keeping your confidence up, which it is, and going out and performing.”

The champions’ first chance to set down a marker towards that goal will be Saturday's visit of struggling Ross County, who current prop up the league table. Despite their predicament, Sinclair expects a difficult test from the Staggies.

“I think it’ll be a tough game - it always is no matter where the team are in the league,” he said. “Whenever a team comes to Celtic Park, it’s like their cup final. I’m sure we’ll have more possession and they might sit in. It will be a very hard game but we want to get that momentum back, as we go into the last part of the season.

“Coming back, the players who didn’t go on the internationals are going to be fresher while those who played in the international matches will have been ticking over. It’s up to us to win the games and then pick up the momentum.”

You can read the full and exclusive interview with Scott Sinclair ONLY in the official match programme. On sale at this Saturday's game against Ross County.

You can also pick up a double deal of the match programme and the latest issue of the Celtic View for a special combined price of £5 - a saving of £1.45.

Attachments

Anton

Gallowgate
Aug 27, 2016
I'm delighted at that. I can understand some of the criticism this season, but imo, its been totally over the top at times

thombhoy

Gallowgate
Dec 12, 2015
I would love him to find his form and regain his confidence. He is fantastic when he plays to last years standard.

Gally

Life is simple...Celtic and Family
Gallowgate
Aug 3, 2016
good read, puts the rumours to bed, hopefully he kicks on and helps us get our back to back treble :champs7: