Welcome to tictalk

come on in and join in , its fun here !

Register Log in

Professional performance

John

Administrator
Gallowgate_2018
Oct 13, 2014
Looked good considering the seasons not started.
Looking forward to next Wednesday.

Sheriff

Gallowgate_2018
Aug 25, 2017
Game over on to the next round, the only concern was hendry caught napping that kind of mistake usually cost us but as we're still in pre season mode it was a decent result.

chico67

Jul 10, 2018
hail hail everyone, im new here..... nae sniffs...:biggrin:
anyway delighted wi result, nervy 1st half but the bhoys got the job done.
Aw the best :Ire:

MIX

Gallowgate_2018
Apr 13, 2015
Game over on to the next round, the only concern was hendry caught napping that kind of mistake usually cost us but as we're still in pre season mode it was a decent result.
I thought he had a good first half but as you say better teams capitalise on those kind of mistakes.

Dbo

Gallowgate_2018
Mar 3, 2018
Looked comfortable and apart from sleeping for that one chance thought hendry had a decent game.
3-5-2 could mean we dish out a few spankings again this year

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016
These ties are always more difficult in reality than they look on paper. 0-3 is a great result and takes the pressure off so we can continue with our pre-season development and not in inflating the lifeboats

The French triangle looks devastating and a level above, there is a real understanding forming there. It will be interesting to see how well they develop with the rest of the team.

Ntcham’s long passing seems to have improved a lot.

Hendry looked good and with the potential to get better. (He made one mistake right at the beginning of the second half in terrible conditions and still in ‘pre-season’ – although the comparisons have begun there is nothing to suggest ihe s another defender who habitually make this kind of error)

3-5-2 leaves us looking very exposed positionally at times

Morgan is good value and brings the kind of pestering intensity you want from a sub, I am hoping he blooms this season (Benyu looked good in one game)

Worringly Sinclair made much less impact when he came on. Seeing him try to beat a man on the outside fail and so fling himself to the ground looking for a freekick that wasn’t given, made my heart sink. This is what he was doing last year and was put down to lack of confidence. (Nice guy but an expensive passenger)

Forrest - 1 goal and 2 assists – I thought his last assist where he laid it on to McG instead of trying to squeeze in a shot showed maturity. Hope he has another good season.

I think this may be the season that niggly injuries start to catch up with Brown so good to see Kuoassi get some time.

A very positive game all things considered.

Thread starter #18

Jim

Gallowgate_2018
Aug 15, 2017
These ties are always more difficult in reality than they look on paper. 0-3 is a great result and takes the pressure off so we can continue with our pre-season development and not in inflating the lifeboats

The French triangle looks devastating and a level above, there is a real understanding forming there. It will be interesting to see how well they develop with the rest of the team.

Ntcham’s long passing seems to have improved a lot.

Hendry looked good and with the potential to get better. (He made one mistake right at the beginning of the second half in terrible conditions and still in ‘pre-season’ – although the comparisons have begun there is nothing to suggest ihe s another defender who habitually make this kind of error)

3-5-2 leaves us looking very exposed positionally at times

Morgan is good value and brings the kind of pestering intensity you want from a sub, I am hoping he blooms this season (Benyu looked good in one game)

Worringly Sinclair made much less impact when he came on. Seeing him try to beat a man on the outside fail and so fling himself to the ground looking for a freekick that wasn’t given, made my heart sink. This is what he was doing last year and was put down to lack of confidence. (Nice guy but an expensive passenger)

Forrest - 1 goal and 2 assists – I thought his last assist where he laid it on to McG instead of trying to squeeze in a shot showed maturity. Hope he has another good season.

I think this may be the season that niggly injuries start to catch up with Brown so good to see Kuoassi get some time.

A very positive game all things considered.
I think it is satisfying that we have nothing much to talk about. There should be no negativity surrounding last nights result. These are no win situations. The result is more important than the performance. Performances will come. Looking forward to a dominant season again! HH