celtic Burke joins Celtic on loan

Ibrahim_Khan

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to
Oct 4, 2014
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/january/burke-joins-celtic-on-loan/
Burke joins Celtic on loan
Just now

Large.jpg

ALBION have agreed a deal which will see forward Oliver Burke spend the rest of the season on loan at SPFL giants Celtic, subject to a medical.

Sporting and Technical Director Luke Dowling explained the Club have allowed the Scotland international to make a temporary switch to Celtic Park in the hope it will help galvanise his career.

Burke joined the Baggies from RB Leipzig in August 2017 but has found first-team opportunities hard to come by.

“To be fair to Oli, there have been a lot of changes at the Club since his arrival which have not helped him,” said Dowling.

“The opportunity to join a club of Celtic’s stature on loan was felt by everyone to be the best pathway to help develop his career.

“Oli liked what Celtic had to offer and he has obviously got the opportunity to play on a great stage which should be of benefit to him.

“I would stress that there is no ‘option to buy’ clause at the end of the loan and he will be back with us at the end of the season.

"We will be keeping a close eye on his progress and still believe that in Oli we have a talented player who we are anxious to develop and progress.”

Ibrahim_Khan

Oct 4, 2014

Ibrahim_Khan

Oct 4, 2014
6 month loan deals are not the answer! Not excited by this at all. Sorry. HH
Jim the guy has been 30 odd million in transfers in the last couple of season
exactly the type of player we need ,, plays a few positions on the right side and if Brendan can get the best out of him then will be a great bit of business

Jim

Gallowgate_2019
Aug 15, 2017
Jim the guy has been 30 odd million in transfers in the last couple of season
exactly the type of player we need ,, plays a few positions on the right side and if Brendan can get the best out of him then will be a great bit of business
I agree but only if it was a long term signing not in for us to develop with no option to buy. I don’t think there is much of a positive in this. Short term loans Keane Bellamy etc don’t always work. We need to build for the future and the future is now. Champions League and domestic success is based on stability IMO. HH

jimmy the gent

Sep 2, 2017
Never been impressed by him, headless chicken a bit. However if Brendan gets the best out him
we could always shell out cash for him in the summer.

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016
A poor man's Craig Bellemy. Unless he helps us win the treble then Bellemy is a poor man's Oliver Burke

markybhoy

Gallowgate_2018
Jul 17, 2016
Bit underwhelmed with this I must say. Saoirse just because he has cost loads of money in transfers doesn't make him a player. Hopefully he proves me wrong though.

Darloexile

Gallowgate_2019
Oct 27, 2014
Not too sure why we need another right sided midfield player, unless we are punting some out on loan.
Seems a bit strange but got to trust in BR to deliver.

HL7

Gallowgate_2019
Feb 27, 2016
Hopefully goes onto having a successful loan spell but hardly inspiring, IMO.

thatstheteam4me

Gallowgate_2018
Aug 6, 2017
doesn't excite me this one, need to invest in own players

greengo

Gallowgate_2019
Sep 30, 2016
not impressed at all when see him play , he cant get a game for west brom ffs