Welcome to tictalk

come on in and join in , its fun here !

Register Log in

Streams Best way of watching streams on my telly?

Thread starter #1

ambassador

Gallowgate_2018
Aug 24, 2017
Sorry if there's some sort of "how to" guide for this. I've genuinely looked and cannae see anything.

Anyway.... I watched a few CTV links recently on my phone but would like to boost today's game to my telly. Unfortunately none of the players appear on my laptop using Chrome, Firefox or Edge so simply hooking the laptop to telly via HDMI isn't going to work.

Can I cast from my phone to my Bravia smart TV or Fire Stick?

Cheers.

saoirse

fucked if I know
Oct 4, 2014
all players work on chrome , ff and edge so you need to check your browser settings and make sure you have flash enabled
and that no scripts are getting blocked
a bit late in the day to be setting up apps , maybe for the next game ?

Thread starter #3

ambassador

Gallowgate_2018
Aug 24, 2017
all players work on chrome , ff and edge so you need to check your browser settings and make sure you have flash enabled
and that no scripts are getting blocked
a bit late in the day to be setting up apps , maybe for the next game ?
Cheers mate! Will fanny about with it.

Twins are only just sleeping so trying to sort it last minute!

Can get it on my phone anyway which is fine.

saoirse

fucked if I know
Oct 4, 2014
Cheers mate! Will fanny about with it.

Twins are only just sleeping so trying to sort it last minute!

Can get it on my phone anyway which is fine.
usually you get a wee warning in your browser bar about unsafe or blocked scripts , you need to allow and it will be fine

Thread starter #5

ambassador

Gallowgate_2018
Aug 24, 2017
usually you get a wee warning in your browser bar about unsafe or blocked scripts , you need to allow and it will be fine
I think I'm talking pish anyway mate. Just clicked on the Celtic TV player and it's working.

Well, it's playing music at me just now but is working! Will hook the fucker up to my telly and mess around with casting ect fro the next game.

Cheers.

Anton

Gallowgate
Aug 27, 2016
Did you work this out ambo?

I've just been hooking the streams up direct to tv from a laptop via usb,really gokd quality. Wouldn't mind casting it though. Using chrome,scripts definitely set to allowed,just don't see a cast option on the player. I can screen mirror,but that's never quite as good, sound always has a very slight lag.

Any apps or anything I can get to add a cast option to the player?

saoirse

fucked if I know
Oct 4, 2014
Did you work this out ambo?

I've just been hooking the streams up direct to tv from a laptop via usb,really gokd quality. Wouldn't mind casting it though. Using chrome,scripts definitely set to allowed,just don't see a cast option on the player. I can screen mirror,but that's never quite as good, sound always has a very slight lag.

Any apps or anything I can get to add a cast option to the player?
what setup do you have ?

is it a chrome cast , or do u have a device like xbox ps4 or android

Anton

Gallowgate
Aug 27, 2016
Ideally I'd just cast from my samsung tablet, to Chromecast, but do have a ps4 so that could also be an option

Anton

Gallowgate
Aug 27, 2016
Top one casts from tablet to Chromecast, bottom one doesn't

Anton

Gallowgate
Aug 27, 2016
If the top one is the same quality and shareable that's ideal mate. If not I'll try the ps4 route

Mee®kat

Gallowgate
Mar 18, 2016
Hdmi output from old laptop to led tv does me, sure there is better ways but i,m a man of simples taste:)

bigbadliam

Gallowgate_2018
Feb 10, 2016
I use an Apple hdmi connector which usually works ok. For some reason today when I fullscreen it it’s just showing a still with the commentary. Not a massive issue just a bit strange