Register Log in

2018 Summer Transfer Window

Thread starter #1

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016
TRANSFERS

IN:
GK - Scott Bain (Out of Contract - Free)
ST - Odsonne Edouard (PSG - "the biggest transfer in Celtic’s history")

OUT:
LM - Patrick Roberts (Man City - Loan Expired)
AM - Charly 'we hardly knew ya' Musonda (Chelsea - Loan Terminated)
CB - Erik Sviatchenko (Undisclosed - FC Midtjylland)
ST - Nadir Ciftci (Released into the wild)

LOANS

IN:

OUT:

RETURNED:
LW - Lewis Morgan
AM - Ryan Christie
AM - Scott Allan
CM - Kundai Benyu
GK - Conor Hazard

Last edited:

Brick top

Gallowgate
Jan 14, 2015
Thought we sold sviatchrnko I liked him has he not just won 2 leagues Inna row might come back better

Darloexile

Gallowgate
Oct 27, 2014
Aw fuck Iniesta is away to Japan, so that's one off my list. :mad1:

At the moment I cannot see Allan, Christie or Morgan displacing any of our current midfielders.

I have no opinion on Commper, but I have heard nothing to inspire me. Sviatchenko always seemed reliable although a little slow. He might get a chance again, not sure why he left in the first place.

Sorry to see Paddy go, thanks for your efforts and time with us.

Charlie who ???

Strong rooomers that Edouard is about to sign - will be a great start to the transfer window if true.

Need a left back to cover for Lustig and also need someone in midfield who has the guile and skill to unlock the parked busses that we have struggled against this season.

Thread starter #5

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016
Erik staying in Denmark uck well that's that then :lol:
Yes, confirmed. i really thought he was going to come good for us, but in the end just wasn't sharp enough to match his level of commitment.
It was over for him when he started publicly flirting with Leicester.

Thread starter #6

Green_Smurf

Administrator
Jul 27, 2016
Nadir Ciftci: Celtic cancel striker's contract a year early

1528286888764.jpeg

Celtic striker Nadir Ciftci (pictured above in Motherwell strip) has had his contract cancelled a year early and will leave the club at the end of June.

The Turkish forward, 26, was signed by former manager Ronny Deila in 2015 from Dundee United but failed to impress.

He scored four times in 26 appearances but has not played for the first team since February 2017.

Cifti had loan spells with Turkish side Eskisehirspor, Polish team Pogon Szczecin, Plymouth Argyle and, for the second half of last season, Motherwell.

He scored three times for Well in 15 appearances, two of the goals coming in his final appearance - a 3-0 win over Hamilton Academical on 12 May.

However, the player who has played for both the Netherlands and Turkey at youth level was then ineligible to play for Stephen Robinson's side in his parent club's Scottish Cup final victory.

Deila moved to sign Ciftci for £1.5m from Dundee United after an impressive 2014-15 campaign in which he netted 16 goals.

However, the striker, who played for Portsmouth, Kayserispor and NAC Breda before joining United, never settled in Glasgow.

He featured only four times during Brendan Rodgers' time in charge of the Scottish champions.