Welcome to Tictalk

Come on in and join in ,, its fun here

downloading paid youtube videos

Kryton

Gallowgate
Dec 18, 2015
I've bought a few videos on youtube and looking to download one of them, i've tried various programs and websites but can't seem to get it going. Hoping someone might have a suggestion or be able to help.

Ta :)

Kryton

Gallowgate
Dec 18, 2015
Have you tried youtube-dl
Yeah I tried that and entered the commands to include username/password but it still refused to work unless i'm doing it wrong :(

the command i had was..

C:\....desktop> youtube-dl -u myusername -p mypassword youtube link

Kryton

Gallowgate
Dec 18, 2015
actually when googling the issue i'm having with youtube-dl it seems to be a wider problem with login accounts. i'll keep an eye on the github posts to see if it gets resolved.

Sisko

فلسطين حرة
Oct 4, 2014
I've used this for years and it's a great app
Linux most of the time though

Kryton

Gallowgate
Dec 18, 2015
managed to get a bit further now, i disabled 2 factor authentication to get around the login issue. however now it says it can't download the video as it is drm protected, i assume there isn't a way around that?

Mick's Tae

Gallowgate
Feb 14, 2019
I use youtubedownloader but that probaly won't help you, the only suggestion that I could make if you can't manage to download the video, is to play said video in youtube, go full screen and then press "alt-F9" to start recording your screen if you have an nvidia graphics card and leave it like that until the video stops and then once again press alt f9 to stop...

41shots

Gallowgate
Oct 23, 2016
Replay Video Capture from Applian is something I've used for a long time. It's not free however... allow's you to capture streaming and online video and any other video playing on your PC screen with high quality...it deffo will do the job you describe. https://applian.com/replay-video-capture/